Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 1998 04:54:18 -0800 ()
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        dallas.tx@airmail.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anolog to Digital (ISDN)

> I'm about to go from a dedicated 33.6 dial-up connection to a
> 128K ISDN (lucky me). The Terminal Adapter is a Motorola
> BITSUFER (Int). 128K ISDN.
> I'm running 2.2.6-R now. Can anyone that has any experiance with this modem
> give me any details as to what I'm about to go though ? WHat may need to be
> changed ? Adjusted ? The TA fits into a ISA slot, I'm hoping it will be seen
> as a modem would.

	Well, I recently did sorta the same thing. The only differance is
that I got a slightly better quality, external ISDN modem. (Adtran XRT)
All I had to do was change the cauu device in the PNP configuration. Then
I used 'tip yy' at the command prompt to access the modem. At that point
there is a command that allowed me to go into a visual configuration mode,
I choose to automatically update SPIDs, exited out, killed Tip, and it
started automatically dialing. Now.... the Motorola dosen't have
automatic SPID update (which is the main reason I didn't buy it,) but you
should have about as many problems. :)

						Rick