Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2017 15:46:37 -0300
From:      Luiz Otavio O Souza <lists.br@gmail.com>
To:        "kronometrix.org" <sparvu@kronometrix.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 12.0 Current & hardware clock

On 24 April 2017 at 08:31, kronometrix.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Im currently testing this image: FreeBSD-armv6-12.0-RPI2-310476.img.gz [1=
]
> on my RBPI2. I need a hardware clock which will work with this image. Cou=
ple
> of questions:
>
> 1. If I understood right I need to recompile the kernel since there is no=
 hardware
> clock support on the mentioned image =E2=80=A6 Right ?

Yes, you have to add your RTC device and rebuild the kernel.

> 2. Is there support for Rasclock [2] based on NXP PCF2127AT chipset ?

No, we only have the driver for the pcf2123 (spi only RTC), but should
not be hard to add support for it.

> 3. Still there the regarding NTP and hardware clock when OS was dying on =
such
> setup ? (you need to enable sysctl machdep.rtc_save_period=3D0 to workaro=
und)

Yes, or you can use the gpioiic/gpiospi which don't use interrupts
(and will not cause any issues with NTP -> RTC time updates).

Luiz