Date:      Sat, 27 Feb 1999 21:11:29 -0800
From:      Dave Yost <Dave@Yost.com>
To:        Don Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Linux PR firestorm disaster (w.r.t. FreeBSD)

At 7:44 PM -0800 1999-02-27, Don Wilde wrote:
> Dave Yost wrote:
>> Second order of business, I think, is to make as much of a P.R. splash as=
 possible that FreeBSD is looking for a new, flashy name so it can better=
 compete for mindshare with linux.  A write-in campaign to the press on this=
 matter would be great.  The end result of this may in fact be to stick with=
 the name, but the PR attention will be good.

> This has been hashed ad infinitum. FreeBSD it stays. If you want to
> change the name you can always cut your own CD's, tnx to BSD license.

But it has not been done under the spotlight of publicity, right?  Big diffe=
rence.

Dave