Date:      Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:02:51 +0100 (BST)
From:      Deepak Naidu <deepak_nai@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unloading kernel modules (fault tarp error)

Hi,
  I have installed LVS server/hearbeat on FreeBSD.
ipvsadm has some moudles which are to be loaded in
kernel.  I can easily load and unload them using
kldload, and kldunload command, but the issue is that
I want to load them at startup.

But when I pass the argument in /etc/loader.conf
system doesnt startup and I get page fault trap page
fault in kernel error and stop booting.  So I decided
to put them in /etc/rc.local, using the kload command.
 Then the startup is fine, it loads ok.

But when rebooting I get the same error, and after 15
secs starts.  It doesnt unloads the modules(bcos I
havent given any command to unload--- where should I
give if I dont use /etc/loader.conf).

Hope the issue is understood.  Please let me know if
you need more explanation.

Cheers,
Deepak Naidu.