Date:      Fri, 14 May 1999 18:05:43 +0300
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        Douglas Elznic <dfelznic@syr.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Burning My Own CD

On Thu, May 13, 1999 at 04:08:46PM -0400, Douglas Elznic <dfelznic@syr.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>  I would like to burn my own copy of freebsd. Is thier an easy way to make the
> cds? I know there is a faq for making redhat cds because certain permissions
> need to be set correctly. Can someone help me out?

You can get the snapshots from releng3.freebsd.org and
current.freebsd.org. FTP the snapshot you like, then use mkisofs or
preferably mkhybrid from the ports tree to make image. Burn it using
cdrecord from the ports or using some computer which has software
capable of image burning. That's all, with this way you don't have
packages or bootable cd, but the latter is a nice little exercise for
you :-)
--

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee