Date:      Thu, 30 Jul 1998 11:07:15 -0400
From:      "Eric S. Raymond" <esr@snark.thyrsus.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, Don Wilde <dwilde1@ibm.net>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: branding

Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@time.cdrom.com>:
> It also makes no sense since there ARE profit making entities behind
> FreeBSD, among them being Walnut Creek CDROM, Whistle Communications,
> Oracle/NCI (who rebadges FreeBSD as "NC/OS"), to name but a few.

And if you look at the `cases' page, you'll see that both Whistle and
Walnut Creek are in fact listed there.  When I hear from Oracle/NCI,
I'll add them too.

It's always wise to get your facts straight before flaming.
--

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes
the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and