Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 09:39:01 +0100
From:      Mark Huizer <freebsd@dohd.cx>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Default gateway outside range but on LAN... howto?

Hi!

I'm trying to find a way to make a FreeBSD box (3.x) to route the
following:

imagine a /29 network, e.g. 10.0.0.8-15

The default router is on the same LAN, but named 10.0.0.1 (yes, weird,
but some providers want you to live with this setup).

ifconfig ed0 inet 10.0.0.9 netmask 0xfffffff8

but then, I can't set the default route anymore to 10.0.0.1, since
according to the routing table it's not local.
We tried to put it in the arp table, but can't do it
(arp -s will not work, because it can't find an interface).

Anyone have an idea on how to get this to work?

Greetings,

Mark
--
Nice testing in little China...