Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2001 18:48:46 +0400
From:      "Magdalinin Kirill" <bsdforumen@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        sirmoo@cowbert.2y.net
Subject:   Re: Re: server stopped responding

Hello, Fernando

>were you able to login via the console?

the server is placed far away and I didn't want to give
my password to the provider engineer, so he just rebooted
it with reset button.

>several things cause the system to stop responding to everything but ping
>including, but not limited to, the glob-DoS attack or anything that eats up
>all the CPU, or you ran out of ram/swap.

I was advised to patch glob.h, but failed for some reason
as I posted earlier today:

$cd /usr/src
$patch -p < /download/glob.4.x.patch

Hmm...  Looks like a unified diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|RCS file: /home/ncvs/src/include/glob.h,v
|--- include/glob.h     1998/02/25 02:15:59     1.3
|+++ include/glob.h     2001/03/21 14:33:56     1.3.6.1
File to patch: /usr/src/include/glob.h  <--- my input
No file found--skip this patch? [n]

Thanks a lot,

Kirill Magdalinin
magcyril@hotmail.com