Date:      Thu, 5 Aug 2004 16:31:12 +0200
From:      Olivier Houchard <cognet@ci0.org>
To:        Alexander Timoshenko <gonzo@univ.kiev.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A couple of questions

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 03:06:50PM +0300, Alexander Timoshenko wrote:
> Olivier Houchard (cognet@ci0.org) wrote:

> > >     Thanks for answers. Where could i get your patches(if it is
> > > possible, of course)?  Are devel/arm-elf-* ports is good enough for
> > > kernel  cross-building?
> > >

> > Patches against latest current are available here : (I've never try to apply
> > them since the gcc 3.4.2 import, so maybe it lacks something, so please let me
> > now if it doesn't work) :
>     .. a lot of usefull info skipped ..
> Thanks for help, i'll try to build kernel tonight.

(I'm in the process of re-generating patches for gcc, in order to be able to
do a full buildworld, I'll place them in people.FreeBSD.org/~cognet soon).

> > Just out of curiosity, what board(s) do you have access to ?
>     Ugh, it is big and gray :) Im a kind of newbie in the area
> of development boards, so i could be wrong, but it seems to be
> Intel PXA27x Processor Developer's Kit.

Nice board indeed ! But FreeBSD won't run on it yet (neither will NetBSD).
Each arm sub-arch is different enough to require some amount of hackery. If you
wish to provide help making FreeBSD run on your board, you'd be more than
welcome :-)

Cheers,

Olivier