Date:      Sat, 7 Nov 1998 14:21:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chris Wiener <cwiener@crlabs.com>
To:        wxsat-l@ssg.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   computer controlled rx - also FreeBSD

What computer controlled receivers do you have experience with?  I currently
have a modified Bearcat scanner bought from SSC, and want to replace it
with something which can change freqs under computer control.

I have WinNT as well as FreeBSD 3.0.  Receivers which document their control
protocol would be preferred since I could then write code to control them
under FreeBSD.

I'd like to move all WXSAT functions to my FreeBSD server since it's up 24x7.

Does anyone know of any programs to receive WXSAT polar satellite pictures
under FreeBSD?  I use wxsat 2.4 and am looking for something equivalent for
FreeBSD (Linux program would also be OK).  Source code would be required for
any port.

Thanks.

Chris

--
Christopher Wiener N2CR                        CR Labs, Morris Plains, NJ
DOMAIN: cwiener@CRLABS.COM