Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 2021 16:51:08 +0100
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SSL Certificates in base

On 2/24/21 4:20 PM, Mike Clarke wrote:
> On Wednesday, 24 February 2021 08:57:58 GMT Andrea Venturoli wrote:
>> In the past, I've always installed security/ca_root_nss to let SSL work,
>> as there were no CA certificates in base.
>> 12.2 (and possibly older 12.x, I don't know) already provide several
>> certificates in /usr/share/certs/trusted.
>>
>> How are we expected to deal with this?
>> Is security/ca_root_nss still needed/suggested?
>
> Some packages still require it

I know.
What confuses me is: will those packages get any cert from
/usr/share/certs/trusted or /usr/local/share/certs or what it may
become, if ca_root_nss is installed?
Will installing ca_root_nss override the base certs as a whole?
Does anything that uses certs get the union of the two?

  bye & Thanks
	av.