Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2001 12:12:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG (Bill Paul)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Driver kit for BCM570x gigE NICs

I have made a driver retrofit kit available for Broadcom BCM570x-based
gigabit ethernet cards at the following URL:

	http://www.freebsd.org/~wpaul/Broadcom/4.x/bcm570x_drv.tar.gz

This kit contains source and pre-compiled driver modules for FreeBSD
4.3-RELEASE and later. This should make it easier for people to test
the bge driver on existing 4.x systems without having to recompile the
kernel.

Again, I would appreciate hearing from people who have cards that use
this chipset and can test the driver. If you can run speed tests with
things like netperf, ttcp or just plain file/data transfers, I'd be
interested to see the results.

Share and enjoy!

-Bill