Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:43:38 +0200
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD/amd64 status

--xo44VMWPx7vlQ2+2

Hello

I'm updating the FreeBSD/amd64 project page and I would like to confirm
the current status of the port.  Would the following be acurate?

Currently FreeBSD/amd64 runs in 64bit multiuser mode. Multi processor
hardware is supported, but currently only running in uni processor mode.

The AMD64 platform is currently a Tier 2 FreeBSD platform, with the goal
of becoming a Tier 1 platform before the upcoming FreeBSD 5.2 release.
[END]

This is based on what I read on the different mailing lists, and the
state of the FreeBSD AMD64 reference machines.

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen

--xo44VMWPx7vlQ2+2

--xo44VMWPx7vlQ2+2--