Date:      Thu, 12 Jun 2008 03:05:58 +1100
From:      "Alexey Tarasov" <glorgster@gmail.com>
To:        "Rui Paulo" <rpaulo@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Vaio SZ5MN] Unable to Power-off

Hi

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 1:18 AM, Rui Paulo <rpaulo@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Do you know if this is the proper fix ? What does Linux do ?
> If this is all we can do, acpi_sony might need to grow a shutdown hook.

Well, I've no much Sony laptops around me to test. Also, different series of
Sony laptops
are rather different in ACPI methods (e.g. C series and SZ series)

Modified sources are inspired by  Linux sony-laptop driver. duplicates
initialization code of SPIC,
event handling and so on. However - AFAIK - linux driver does no special
tricks at power off stage, it is just
dettached, device file in /dev destroyed in so on, but Linux (Ubuntu 7.10)
it still possible to power
off correctly.

---
Best regards,