Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 14:21:20 -0500
From:      "C J Michaels" <cjm2@earthling.net>
To:        "Gene Bomgardner" <glbj@bellatlantic.net>, <freeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: DSL revisited

I'll take a stab at answering these since I am very familiar with BA's DSL
service, although I don't personally have it.

1. FreeBSD's ppp does support PPPoE.  It's part of the netgraph work that
went into PPP.  I would suggest searching the mailing list archives for
Netgraph.  Also, take a look through the PPP man page.  It _is_ very
do-able.  (WinPoeT sucks)

2. You are correct as to sharing the connection.  You will need to configure
either ipfw or ipfilter and natd on the box, set gateway_enable=YES in
/etc/rc.conf, and point all the other boxes on your lan to the BSD box as
the default gateway.

I belive the most difficult part will be setting up PPPoE, once that is done
the rest should be cake.

Hope this helps
-Chris