Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 2002 16:17:34 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        martin.kahlert@infineon.com
Cc:        kris@obsecurity.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: first icc did not start, now it does not stop...

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002 08:34:15 +0200 Martin Kahlert
<martin.kahlert@infineon.com> wrote:

> > > Don't be vague about error messages, we can't diagnose accurately
> > > if you don't paste the exact error message.
> >
> > For this part of his messages it was enough info for me.
>
> Yes, everyone who programmed before will know what that means.

It's not that easy. And you said 'symbol' not 'version'. But at the time
I updated icc v5 to v6 I've seen the same error and therefore I was able
to understand you.

> Can i just copy my Linux /lib/libc.so.6 over to
> */compat/linux*/where_libc.so.6_is?

Yes.

> I do not understand, how Linux compatibility works in FreeBSD:
> How does the runtime linker know that the executable is a Linux
> executable and translate /lib/libc* into /compat/linux/libc*?

man brandelf

[...]
> $ lmgrd.linux -c /usr/local/intel/licenses/<my_license_file>
> seemed to work, but 'icc -o t t.c' continues to loop inside mcpcom.

Actually I suggested to try to determine if the license file isn't
corrupt.

> Alexander, did you set LM_LICENSE_FILE to anything?

No. Just put it into /usr/local/intel/licenses/, mine is name
l_cpp_<some_numbers>.lic. 'file' says it's a 'RiscOS PackdDir archive'.

> BTW: What is FreeBSD's equivalent command to Linux's strace -f?

man ktrace

Bye,
Alexander.

--
           Intel: where Quality is job number 0.9998782345!