Date:      Thu, 9 May 2002 16:17:45 -0500
From:      "jogegabsd" <jogegabsd@intelnet.net.gt>
To:        <nathan@vidican.com>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: getting X to work on a Compaq Presario laptop

I have some problems with my display in my compaq also, but installed XFree
4.2.0,
but other reasons(Radeon Video Card).
now 4.5-Release comes with 4.1.0.

In My computer I run the following

#XFree86 -configure

it generates a config file with my video card configuration and the display
modes my LCD
support. I don't have Xfree as I wish, but thats a good start.

I'm not sure about this, but maybe your XFree is loading the Super VGA
configuration instead of your card device configuration(if there is one in
your config file) check that out and try the XFree86 command if you have it
in 4.1.0 version

HTH

Gerardo