Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 1999 23:32:28 +0930 (CST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Spontaneous reboots

For about the past week I've been getting spontaneous reboots on my machine.
As far as I can tell, there's no obvious common connection - most recently my
box was under load at the time, but the time before that all I did was move
the mouse (shades of Windows :-) and nothing else much was running.

This does only seem to happen when I'm using the machine - after a few hours,
a reboot is pretty much guaranteed (sounds like a resource leak of some kind
to me). Beyond that, I don't know. My kernel and machine config haven't
changed recently.

Has anyone else been seeing this? What kind of information would help to
narrow the problem down?

Kris

-----
The Feynman problem-solving algorithm: 1. Write down the problem
                                       2. Think real hard
                                       3. Write down the solution