Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 2004 17:14:46 -0700
From:      Sean McNeil <sean@mcneil.com>
To:        Juha Saarinen <juhasaarinen@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bind9: cannot stop/start it

--=-6Qgq3TCLyrw4Vn0bP2TA

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 16:56, Juha Saarinen wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:26:12 -0700, Sean McNeil <sean@mcneil.com> wrote:
> > The latest version of BIND will properly stop on a running system, but
> > it will hang (and cause programs that access dns to hang) when I do a
> > start.
> >=20
> > Let me know if there is anything I can do to help track down this
> > problem.  -current/amd64 machine with many services running.
>=20
> Anything in /var/log/messages? Does 'rndc status' tell you anything?

All looks fine.  I think it is related to another service as I cannot
even to an ls -l after I try to restart named.  Maybe openldap is at
fault.  I tried stopping that service first, but no difference.=20
syslogd?

When I have some time later I will try stopping services one by one to
see if I can isolate it.

Cheers,
Sean

--=-6Qgq3TCLyrw4Vn0bP2TA