Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 1995 16:14:36 -0500
From:      User Shepner <shepner@Eris.Manchester.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dialin problems

I have a USR Sportster 14.4 modem connected to my FreeBSD2.0R system.  The
serial ports are using the 16550 UARTS.  When I dialin to there, all that
happens is I connect and never get a login prompt.

ps shows (when when there is a connection):
4589 d0  Ss+	0:00:29 /usr/libexec/getty V19200 ttyd0

The modem seems to be configured correctly (and I have through the FreeBSD
handbook for addl ideas/suggestions). Infact, at one point in time, I had this
running fine till the modem was needed elsewhere for a while (big mistake).

Communications seem to be fine.  I had dialed out with tip (after turning
dialup off) connected with the other computer, and was able to send/receive
messages w/o problems.

Am I overlooking somthing?  This seems like a config problem but I cant seem
to find it.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks
Stephen Hepner
shepner@eris.manchester.edu
(219)982-5079