Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 1995 19:24:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Hittinger <bugs@ns1.win.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   re: Installing Majordomo

> From: Network Coordinator <nc@ai.net>
> Have been trying to install majordomo. Got it to the point where it runs,
> but when it runs, it spawns a majordomo or two that use 100% of CPU and
> Memory [including swap] Then return with errors like 136 or 139; memory
> failure.

When I first tried majordomo I had a very similar effect.  I traced it down
to the attempt by majordomo to execute real-time deliveries of the mail.
Several sendmail processes were getting created simultaneously.

I modified the alias that executes the resend to use an additional sendmail
flag (-odq).  This queues the mail for later delivery.  If you have a lot
of activity on your list then you probably need to do this.  This is
especially important if you have a lot of subscribers that are on slow
link hosts.

Example line:

test-list: "|/usr/local/majordomo-1.92/wrapper resend -l test-list -r test-list -m -odq -h domain.com test-list-outgoing"

Regards,

Mark Hittinger
bugs@win.net