Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 23:57:23 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Daniel Hayato Thomas <dhthomas@cs.rmit.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Small X?

In message <Pine.SOL.4.10.10003281539490.21998-100000@numbat.cs.rmit.edu.au> Daniel Hayato Thomas writes:
: Actualy I think it is more that the X on a disk thing has been done on
: linux...

The microwindows also looks cool and could easily be ported to FreeBSD.

: Be warned you would normaly need at least a high end 486 and gobs of
: memory to get even the simplest implementations of X working

Gobs here is relative.  I was quite happy with my 486 DX-2 66 + 16
(later 20 and later 32) MB of memory + emacs.  Well, happy until I
went to do a make world, and then it was a 8 hours (later 12 and most
recently 36 hour, but that was with NFS src and NFS obj) affair.

Warner