Date:      Thu, 11 Feb 1999 21:45:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, skruzich@stc.net
Subject:   Re: Sources for freebsd

> Is there another company that puts freebsd on cd other than cdrom.com.
> I am tired of getting hosed by them.  They sent me two copies of the
> same version
> of the software and charged me twice for the same version, and I still
> haven't heard back from them about this.
> STeve Kruzich
> skruzich@stc.net

 Gosh... I've never had such troubles.  In fact, I've gotten a couple
of gratuitous copies when that happened.

 Did you e-mail them, or call them?

 When I had the same thing happen to me (only once since 386bsd came out,
for version 2.1.5 I believe), I called them on the telephone and the guy
credited my account right then-and-there & told me to keep the extra copy.

 Pretty good service, if you ask me...

 But, to answer your question - yes, there is another company that
puts out a FreeBSD CD... it might be CheapBytes... I can't really
remember.

 I'd encourage you to call Walnut Creek CDROM & explain; I'd bet things
get better real quick.

	- Dave Rivers -