Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 2013 23:06:51 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        "Joseph A. Nagy, Jr" <jnagyjr1978@gmail.com>
Cc:        "Questions @ FreeBSD" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: While Updating doxygen

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 17:00:57 -0500, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr wrote:
> On 03/10/13 16:59, Polytropon wrote:
> > On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 16:45:31 -0500, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr wrote:
> >> (./install.tex [5] [6] [7] [8]
> >> Overfull \hbox (127.39917pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 231--232
> >> []\T1/phv/m/n/10 Note that com-pil-ing Doxy-wiz-ard cur-rently re-quires
> >> Qt ver
> >> -sion 4 (see [][]\T1/pcr/m/n/10
> >> http-://qt.-nokia.-com/products/platform/qt-for
> >> -windows[][]\T1/phv/m/n/10 ).
> >> [9]) [10]
> >> Chapter 3.
> >> (./starting.tex
> >>
> >> ! LaTeX Error: File `infoflow' not found.
> >>
> >> See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation.
> >> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
> >>
> >> l.9 \includegraphics[width=14cm]{infoflow}
> >>
> >> ?
> >>
> >> and that is where I am sitting right now, unsure what to do.
> >
> > Enter the "q" command. This will end the LaTeX processor.
> >
> > It seems that your LaTeX installation (TeXLive or teTeX)
> > is missing a file required for building the documentation.
>
> doh

Not your fault. :-)

> > Is the file /usr/local/share/doc/doxygen/html/infoflow.gif
> > present on your system?
> >

> nope, but I do have:
> ls in
> index.html    infoflow.png  install.html

That looks valid (I'm on a much older system here, so things
might have changed).

What directory are those in? Somewhere in the port's working
directory? Try "make clean" and rebuild.

>From the source file, you've quoted the following line:

	\includegraphics[width=14cm]{infoflow}

This means the graphicx package will obtain the required
file automatically, that could be in a different format
(PNG is supported by pdflatex, EPS is common for "normal"
latex). If a conversion is required, the port should have
done this prior to running LaTeX (be it from teTeX or
TeXLive which is "today's preferred LaTeX distribution").

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany