Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 1998 08:25:16 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        bruceb@austx.tandem.com
Cc:        jb@cimlogic.com.au, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 0615 make world fails in gperf

Bruce Burden wrote:

> > make -m /usr/src/share/mk world
> >
> 	Thank you. I started thinking it was a library problem
>     after looking at the other make problem going around on the
>     list, but I wasn't sure how to work around it.

One thing I forgot to mention... the library versions haven't been
bumped (yet), so you'll end up with the new libraries in /usr/lib/aout
with the same versions as many in /usr/lib. I found that I needed to
whack /usr/lib/libc.so.3.X.

Also, edit /etc/rc and find the place where ldconfig gets called and
change the path from /usr/lib to /usr/lib/aout.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137