Date:      Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:27:24 -0700
From:      Derrick MacPherson <dmacpherson@mainframe.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvsup-mirror and my other local servers

I have about 8 freebsd boxes, I am using one with the ports cvsup-mirror
as the central cvs source for my other boxes, but when I point them at
the master cvs server I get this error:

cvsup -h cvs stable-supfile
Connected to cvs
Server message: Unknown collection "src-all"
Skipping collection src-all/cvs
Finished successfully

and in the server logs:
Apr 22 09:22:15 cvs cvsupd[24459]: +8 derrick@jupiter.mainframe.ca
[SNAP_16_1h/17.0]
Apr 22 09:22:15 cvs cvsupd[24459]: =8 Unknown collection "src-all"
Apr 22 09:22:16 cvs cvsupd[24459]: -8 [0Kin+0Kout] Finished successfully

I think i'm missing something quite small, but can't google what looks
like a correct answer. I've not changed configuration much beyond the
initial default installation config. Can someone point me in the right
direction?

cvs# uname -a
FreeBSD cvs.mainframe.ca 5.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE #5

Also, if I'm to set up a cvs server for my 4.1X boxes, can i use the
same server? if so how do I differentiate the 2 distros? And what about
ports, are they the same for 4.x and 5.x?

thanks.