Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 2003 22:15:57 -0600
From:      David Syphers <dsyphers@uchicago.edu>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X server crash with latest RELEASE

On Tuesday 21 January 2003 09:28 pm, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
> I've seen this crash happen a few times, with the only thing I can find in
> common being that Netscape 4.79 is running.
>
> The X server drops me back into a console, and the only output is:
>
> sigreturn: eflags = 0x13286
>
> Does anyone have any idea what this could be?  I am running XFree86 3.6.x
> and have never had this problem before.  Where should I start looking?
>
> Also, FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE-p1

Searching the FreeBSD mailing lists (on Google) with "sigreturn: eflags"
turned up an email reporting the same error with XFree86 3.3.6 (which is what
I assume "3.6.x" really means, since there was never an XFree86 3.6.x
release). This email was written in November 2000...

So... You're running versions of Netscape and XFree86 that are several years
old, and not supported by anyone anymore. I'd recommend upgrading if at all
possible. It's probably not a FreeBSD error, but even if it is, it's not
going to get any attention until you're running the latest software (and
probably -stable, too, which is not the same as 4.7-RELEASE).

Best of luck,

-David

--
On the whole I am against mass murder. I rarely commit it myself, and
often find myself quite out of sympathy with those who make a habit of it.

Astronomy and Astrophysics Center
The University of Chicago