Date:      Sun, 04 Apr 1999 20:41:00 +0900
From:      Tomoaki NISHIYAMA <tomoaki@biol.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        tomoaki@biol.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: pcmcia ethernet installation trouble

From: Christoph Weber-Fahr <listmail@helena.callcenter.systemhaus.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 17:58:46 +0200 (MET DST)

listmail> - I have not got a single response or comment to my first posting.
listmail>   Is there some Information missing, could I add further Information
listmail>   to shed light on this issue ?
If you have another machine already running PAO, please post
the result of "pccardc dumpcis".

If it is not possible, please disable those devices that may conflict
to the network card and pcic, at BIOS setup and kernel configuration
(boot with -c). This mean disabling all the devices that is not related
to the installation such as sio, lpt, sound card, and so on.
Test for different io address and irq for the pccard, which
you would be asked by the installer.

listmail> > But ed0 doesn't appear in the list of available devices when choosing
listmail> > installation media.
By this do you mean that after selecting ftp, you find lpt and sio but not ed?
Am I right in this point?
--------
Tomoaki Nishiyama
  e-mail:tomoaki@biol.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
         Department of Biological Sciences,
Graduate School of Science, The University of Tokyo