Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 15:29:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "f.johan.beisser" <jan@caustic.org>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
Cc:        "Scott I. Remick" <scott@computeralt.com>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help me win the MS-Proxy/ipfw war

funny that.. the software provides a syslogd, and it can be configured for
off machine logging (and, yes, it can run it through a serial port to a
machine too..)..

right now, though, my only complaint is that there isn't a picobsd ssh
client that'll fit on the floppy aswell. give it time though, and i think
someone with the programming expertise to do this, will..

the design for this is more oriented for home use, on your DSL link. it
would sit between the DSL router and your LAN.

this rather flexible, and yes, if you really wanted to have the disk, you
could do it that way too. the kernel can support a HD/cdrom. i've just
chosen to remove that part, because all i really want is a simple,
diskless, low cost FW/NAT box. logging can take place on a loghost, behind
the firewall.

-- jan