Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2001 23:02:18 +0000
From:      Yoriaki FUJIMORI <fujimori@grafin.fujimori.cache.waseda.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   nfsd/ypserv die on smp

Dear Folks,
I am running R4.4 on dual P3/1GHz PC box. The box is meant to be the
file server and nis server in my network.  In these weeks, I am observing
very funny things on this box.

The problem is that, as stated in the Subject line, nfsd and ypserv die
on this smp box.
(1) When I started running R4.3, I noticed ypserv dies within a few days,
while nfsd dies very rarely.  `lastcomm ypserv' returns "-SFX" mark.
(2) Now, on R4.4, nfsd die often.  `lastcomm nfsd' also returns the
same.
#  Yesterday, I invoked nfsd with `-u -t -n 16', but now only 9
of them are alive.

I run ypserv on other uni-processor box (slave server), and this is fine.
So, I guess the problem might be related to smp.

I wonder if some of you have got a similar observation.

Yoriaki Fujimori