Date:      Wed, 8 Jun 2005 10:58:25 +0000
From:      bq510@scn.org
To:        p_nowaczyk@o2.pl
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: headless server...

> well to be exact, the situation looks like this: when the
> monitor is plugged into the box (it doesn't matter wheather
> it's on or off) everything runs fine (there's the
> standard "short beep" and the machine boots normaly).

I think your solution lies there.  With the thing running OK
with the monitor turned off, measure the voltages on the
cable's lines and then wire up a dummy cable (or just
connector) to simulate the turned-off monitor.  If your lucky (I
I suspect you will be), you'll just need to wire a pin or two to
ground, but maybe to 5 volts.  You can probably get access
to the "pins" with the case open somewhere between the
real pins and the motherboard.  Good
luck.