Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 11:50:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        John Reynolds <jjreynold@home.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.org, qa@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: followup to problems with 4.3-RC1 for laptops

On 29-Mar-01 John Reynolds wrote:
> hello all,
>
> I scanned some of the archives and reworked my kernel's pcic0 device as
> follows:
>
>   device  pcic0 at isa? irq 10 port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000
>
> changing "irq 0" to "irq 10". Now the kernel is much happier. The thing

Yes, some laptops just don't work in polled mode for pcic0 it seems.
Unfortunately, not all laptop's support interrupt-driven mode (I think) and the
ones that do don't all use the same IRQ.  Probably there needs to be a FAQ
entry or something in the release notes that tells that if your laptop hangs
with pccard you should try using an IRQ 10, 11, etc. to see if it fixes it.