Date:      Thu, 9 Aug 2001 17:19:15 -0300
From:      Andrew Hankinson <andrew.hankinson@acadiau.ca>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   boot problems

------_=_NextPart_001_01C12110.8F5D6320

Hi all,

I'm a first time poster, and also new to FreeBSD.  I just installed FreeBSD
4.3 on my IBM Thinkpad, 500 Celeron w/ 128 MB RAM, 6 GB HD.  The FreeBSD
partition is approx 1 GB, and I have a 5 GB W2K partition.  Anyway, the
install went fine, but when I rebooted, it would get past the BIOS, and then
the screen would flicker, and it would reboot again.  Having a FreeBSD boot
floppy will not boot it (it seems to ignore the disk, even though I'm pretty
sure it checks the floppy drive first when booting.)  Has anyone run in to
anything similar, and is there a workaround?  For some reason it will not
even let me into change my BIOS settings.  Am I royally screwed?  Thanks.

Andrew Hankinson

------_=_NextPart_001_01C12110.8F5D6320

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>boot problems</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hi all,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I'm a first time poster, and also new =
to FreeBSD.&nbsp; I just installed FreeBSD 4.3 on my IBM Thinkpad, 500 =
Celeron w/ 128 MB RAM, 6 GB HD.&nbsp; The FreeBSD partition is approx 1 =
GB, and I have a 5 GB W2K partition.&nbsp; Anyway, the install went =
fine, but when I rebooted, it would get past the BIOS, and then the =
screen would flicker, and it would reboot again.&nbsp; Having a FreeBSD =
boot floppy will not boot it (it seems to ignore the disk, even though =
I'm pretty sure it checks the floppy drive first when booting.)&nbsp; =
Has anyone run in to anything similar, and is there a workaround?&nbsp; =
For some reason it will not even let me into change my BIOS =
settings.&nbsp; Am I royally screwed?&nbsp; Thanks.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Andrew Hankinson</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C12110.8F5D6320--