Date:      Fri, 24 May 2002 16:24:17 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mark Hittinger <bugs@pu.net>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PDP10 simulator on FreeBSD Alpha?

> Tlambert wrote:
> TOPS-20 requires a KL-20 processor to run.
> TOPS-10 requires a KL-10 processor to run.

Not lately.  You can get Bob Supnik's emulator at simh.trailing-edge.com.
You can get Timothy Stark's emulator from sourceforge.  You can get
Ken Harrenstien's klh10 emulator at klh10.trailing-edge.com.  T10 and T20
OS software is available at pdp-10.trailing-edge.com.

BTW simh emulates a KS-10 processor.

I've run TOPS-10 on these emulators on x86 FreeBSD for awhile and they do a
very good job.  As far as running on the Alpha I'd go with the simh emulator
because its code seems to be much more portable.

Later

Mark Hittinger
bugs@pu.net