Date:      Sat, 4 Dec 1999 10:55:26 +0900
From:      "Koyo Kumagai" <SysAdmin@po.teleway.ne.jp>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   How to setup DNS on FreeBSD 3.3

I'm trying to setup DNS for my newly installed 3.3, and since I just got my
domain and leased line, I'm anxious to get it going.

I'm reading this old FreeBSD guide book for 2.2.6, and I follow their
instructions but none of them work. I keep getting this type of error:

*** localhost can't find xxxxxx: No response from server

Are the configuration files formatted differently or something from 3.0?
Please guide me to any web sites that may help me.

Many thanks in advance.

Koyo Kumagai, MCSE

Merrill Lynch Japan Incorporated
Enterprise Technology Services