Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 01:15:46 -0400
From:      "Joe Gleason" <clash@tasam.com>
To:        "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>
Cc:        <security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Shell history (Was: Re: post breakin log)

I don't know that much kernel stuff, but what if you hacked the kernel so
that whatever syscall opens/forks a new process will log the process name
and parameters?  That and having watch running, telling it to restart on
reconnect to a tty and be watching each tty that way should give you lots of
data.

I think the best security measure would be a custom compiles who and or w
command that logs if anyone uses it more that once per 20 seconds.  You can
always tell if someone is up to something by their use of the who command.
;-)

Joe Gleason
Tasam