Date:      Mon, 6 Sep 1999 10:16:55 -0300 (EST)
From:      Paulo Fragoso <paulo@nlink.com.br>
To:        Arjan van der Oest <arjan@nl.demon.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SSH1 -> SSH2

Hi,

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Arjan van der Oest wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Paulo Fragoso wrote:
>
> > I was using ssh-1.2.2x in my ssytems. I've changed to ssh-2.0.13 (with
> > patch for 4.4BSD, http://www.ssh.fi) and all host based authentication
> > prompt password. If someone type <enter> (empty password) log in system,
> > but remote commands don't start because it's waiting password.
> >
> > How can I execute remote commands using ssh2 without prompt and wait any
> > password? I have some scripts it depends this.
>
> Did you try starting the external command from a ssh-agented env ?

I think don't. I'm using commands like this (perl):

$last=`ssh remote-server last`;

with ssh-1.2.2x work fine but in ssh-2.0.13 always stop asking for
password.

> I run a script overhere that is launched under ssh-agent and therefore
> logs in and out the remote system without asking for passphrase/password.
> This is an ssh1 system though.

I didn't understand this point. How can ssh-agent2 to execute remote
commands?

Paulo.

> ao
> --
> Jes: xntp is your friend. The evil empire of Redmond is not.
> Evil Empire is a registered trademark of Ronald Reagan's sole
> functioning brain cell.

------
"  ... Overall we've found FreeBSD to excel in performace, stability,
technical support, and of course price. Two years after discovering
FreeBSD, we have yet to find a reason why we switch to anything else"
						-David Filo, Yahoo!