Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 1997 22:54:22 +0400
From:      "Poly Auto Spare Parts Co. LTD." <polyauto@emirates.net.ae>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Login

Dear Sirs,

After installing FreeBSD 2.1, I received the followings on screen:

/ was not properly dismount (I reboot the system because I don't know how to
dismount the system)
myname.my.domain : bad value
myname.my.domain : bad value (twice)
standard daemono : cronhttpd : cannot determine local host name. Use
ServerName to set it manually.
printer sendmailMy host name (myname.my.domain) does not seem to exit! :
Connection refused.
FreeBSD (myname.my.domain) (ttyv0)

login :

What default username we have to enter and what password we have to use. I
reboot the system from the floppy and tried to run the program host password
: nothing happened on screen, I coudn't run the program.
Can you inform me how to correct the errors mentioned above, and how can I
login? and suppose I don't know the password, how can I dismount the system?

Do you have any book name where I can find all the features of FreeBSD?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Chehade Awky.