Date:      Thu, 16 May 2002 12:58:42 -0400
From:      Marcia Barrett Nice <mimerki@myrealbox.com>
To:        "Ryan Sutton" <ryancsutton@hotmail.com>, "Free BSD" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: startx only works as root

Redirected to -questions.

On Thursday 16 May 2002 12:40 pm, Ryan Sutton wrote startx only works as root:
| I can only run startx as root, when I try to run as any other user is says
| not found, please help
|
| -Super Newbie

What version of X?  If you're trying to run ver. 4.x you'll have to install
xwrapper.  If you're trying to run ver 3.x (the default version), you'll want
to cp .xinitrc & .xsession from /root into /home/yourusernamehere

Marcia

--
So why, pray, sign anything as long as every word, letter, penstroke,
paperspace is a perfect signature of its own?