Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2000 13:07:57 +0000
From:      "Brian K . Walters" <bkwalters@lucent.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   16-Bit PnP Crystal 3D Cs4237B

I am editing the kernel to add support sound.  I have a 16-Bit PnP Crystal 3D
CS4237B audio controller.  I am a bit confused by the lines necessary to add
sound.

Are the following lines correct?

device snd
device css0 at isa ? port 0x534 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x08
device pcm

If I have the device snd line in do I still need the device pcm line.  Does the
device pcm replace the other two lines.  The Complete FreeBSD book says that
if using the pcm0 driver don't use snd0.

I'm running 4.0-RELEASE.

TIA

--
Brian K. Walters