Date:      Sun, 2 Aug 1998 14:50:27 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Branko Kmetec <brane@frida.mra.si>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ProLiant 2500

I would like to install FreeBSD 2.2.7 on Compaq ProLiant 2500, which has
1PPro 200 Mhz (upg. to 2PPros), 64 MB RAM and Compaq RAID SMART-2/P
Controller with 3x2.1 GB drives configured as RAID5. There is also onboard
SCSI with 4GB DAT.

Currently this runs  Windows NT 4.0 Server and we're using it as
fileserver. Since I'm not satisfied with performance and stability, I want
to get ridd off NTs.

Since the only storage is RAID5 logical disk, is there any chance to
install FreeBSD directly on RAID5 (customized boot.flp) or do we have to
buy additional disk for installing through onboard SCSI (controller and
tape are recognized by boot disk, so that shouldn't be a problem) and
after that install SMART-2/P Controller with drives?

Has anybody expirence with similar configuration?

Branko Kmetec
brane@mra.si