Date:      Tue, 3 Jul 2001 16:18:31 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, Alfred Perlstein <bright@sneakerz.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TIOCSCTTY

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 04:50:59PM +0400, Andrey A. Chernov wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 15:25:24 +0300, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

> > > This still works here.  Perhaps another process has aquired /dev/console
> > > as its controlling terminal.
> > >
> > Weird.  I figured out what causes this, it's moused(8).  I have inserted
> > some debug code into it to see what's going on:
>
> It sounds like moused needs to be fixed to drop its control terminal.

But the daemon(3) performs this function, and forked moused(8) runs
without the controlling tty.

Further investigation shows, that after running and killing this small
program (from /etc/rc.local), I can't get a functional moused(8).
It runs OK, and when with -f and -d shows mouse events, but does not
show mouse cursor, etc.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov		Oracle Developer/DBA,