Date:      Thu, 30 Aug 2001 19:43:38 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        "Aaron" <click46@webpimps.net>
Cc:        mw@lanfear.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RE: Copying users

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 10:36:37AM -0700, Aaron wrote:
> I'm not really sure, but I have a feeling the password encryption has
> changed somewhat since 3.4. I would think there would be some sort of
> utility to convert them? Again, I'm not really sure on such things.

No. The default encryption method (MD5 vs. DES) might have changed (I am
not sure about that) but old password files should still be perfectly usable.
No need to convert them.  (If anything is the other way around since it
used to be that not all systems had the DES  routines installed. Now they
do have it.)

(Personally I still use the same password file with 4.3-stable as I did
with 3.2-release.)

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson