Date:      Sat, 4 Nov 2000 04:35:29 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        Rob <europax@home.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: newby porting Q: getopt_long

On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 08:52:29PM -0800, Rob wrote:
> I am trying to port the Synaptics touch pad utility as my first port.  I
> am stuck at a point where the linker cannot find getopt_long.  I have
> installed the libgnugetop port, but I am not certain what I have to do
> to get the linker to find getopt_long in the libgnugetopt.so.  Gcc
> complains with "undefined reference".

You must tell configure (if there is one) or the source Makefile to add
-lgnugetopt -L/usr/local/lib to its linking flags, and make sure you
#undef __GNU_LIBRARY__, by adding -U__GNU_LIBRARY__ to the CFLAGS, or
just #undef __GNU_LIBRARY__ somewhere appropriate in the source code
(i.e. before <getopt.h> is included or something).

--
wca