Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 10:48:43 -0700
From:      mimiandi <mimiandi@bh.mbn.or.jp>
To:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:FreeBSD? In Japan?

Alex Zepeda wrote:

> Hmm.  According to the latest spewage from slashdot, "TurboLinux" is the
> #1 OS in Japan.. wading through the posts, it's noted that they are
> counting only retail sales.  Yet, I've managed to unearth a lovely post:

Yes, TurboLinux is popular in Japan but I am not sure if it is #1.
Because turbolinux has highest retail sales, it does not mean that they
are all being installed and used. I have some linux cds that are being
used quite nicely on my tea table :)

>    Re:Don't forget FREEBSD
>    by Anonymous Coward on Monday July 26, @07:20PM EDT (#69)
>    No. FreeBSD is invisible in Japan. I've lived here for 18 months and
>    the Linux momentum is awesome. I've seen Linux on sale at newstands
>    and drug stores. Never seen any BSD on sale anywhere. Sorry.

What A BULL**** .... I have been here for less than 3 months and I have
seen plenty stuff about FreeBSD from books to Cds. However, I did notice
that
there are more stuff Linux than FreeBSD. Even on hardwares, it mentions
"TurboLinux ready" but not "FreeBSD ready".

> /me wonders what the real truth is..
  That's the real truth :)

 Daniel