Date:      Fri, 16 Nov 2007 06:02:14 -0500
From:      Gerard <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: portmanager and apache2.0

> On November 15, 2007 at 10:54PM Noah wrote:

> > Gerard wrote:
> >> On November 15, 2007 at 06:54PM Noah wrote:
> >
> >> access1# grep apache pm-020.conf
> >> IGNORE|www/apache13*|
> >> IGNORE|www/apache13|
> >> IGNORE|www/apache13-*|
> >> IGNORE|www/apache13*-*|
> >> IGNORE|www/apache-1.3*|
> >> IGNORE|www/apache20|
> >> IGNORE|www/apache20*|
> >> IGNORE|www/apache21|
> >> IGNORE|www/apache21*|
> >> access1# pkg_info | grep portmana
> >> portmanager-0.4.1_9 FreeBSD installed ports status and safe update utility
> >> access1#
> >>
> >> How can I figure out why it is getting built?
> >
> >  Make sure you only have apache-2.2.x installed, check the portmanager.log
> > file and see if another program is trying to build apache as a dependency.

> I could not find anything in the portmanager.log
>
> how can I make sure it is ignored in the portmanager configuratino file
> to make sure it is not built at all?
>
> is there any other way to figure out what has a dependency to install it?

Please don't top post. If you don't know what that means, Google for it.

Now, could you please post the portmanager log. You need only post the
sections that directly relate to Apache.

--
Gerard

solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If
you are not the intended recipient of this transmission, please delete it
immediately.

Obviously, I am the idiot who sent it to you by mistake. Furthermore, there is
no way I can force you to delete it. Worse, by the time you have reached this
disclaimer you have all ready read the document. Telling you to forget it
would seem absurd. In any event, I have no legal right to force you to take
any action upon this email anyway.

This entire disclaimer is just a waste of everyone's time and bandwidth.
Therefore, let us just forget the whole thing and enjoy a cold been instead.