Date:      Fri, 4 Feb 2000 20:55:21 -0800
From:      "Dan O'Connor" <dan@jgl.reno.nv.us>
To:        "Ben Smithurst" <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: (no subject)

>> I'd do this:
>>
>> 64M - 128M for /
>
>I only use about 32MB for /, and it's always been enough so far. I
>sometimes move root's home directory to /usr/home/root though, since I
>often dump loads of stuff there, forgetting it's filling up the root
>filesystem.

I used 32MB when I first installed FreeBSD, but went to 64MB when I switched
over to a bigger drive.

Although 32MB seemed fine at first, it was starting to feel a little
claustraphobic after a while, what with custom kernels and a few backup
kernels lying around...I just wanted a little breathing room :-)

But I concure: 32MB is fine (especially if you're cramped for space)...

--Dan

**  The thing I like most about Windows 98 is...
**  You can download FreeBSD with it!