Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 2000 19:59:58 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@nwlink.com>
Cc:        rwiater@bcn.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

Jason C. Wells wrote:

> Perhaps you have a cat on your box? Try typing 'cat' at the command prompt
> if you get a newline then type some characters and hit return.  If cat
> mimicks what you just typed then you know you have a mean cat on your box.
> She is probably scaring the mouse.

May I suggest that if you're not going to give a helpful answer, that
you don't give _any_ answer.  Smart-ass comments like this don't do much
for FreeBSD's image.

If there was a tiny part of your post which was in fact a serious
answer, I missed it completely, which is an indication that the original
poster may have too.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@FreeBSD.org / PGP: 0x99392F7D