Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 1996 09:16:33 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr>
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: boot: -c does not work for me

>  >> I tried to boot a kernel from today with the -c option, but I do not
>  >> enter in the configuration utility: it only prints:
>
>  > Try updating your sources again and make sure the version of syscons.c
>  > you have is 1.189.  That version should have fixed UserConfig.
>
> No change :-(
> I tried with an older kernel (Oct, 19): same problem. A very old kernel
> (6 months old) is ok.

Hmm, although there have been quite a few changes since Oct. 19, a
kernel from the 19th should work fine.  Do you have the 'USERCONFIG'
option as Christopher pointed out?

I'm sure you've already done this, but make sure you do a 'make clean'
before starting over, or do the configure from scratch to make sure you
get a clean compile.

Nate