Date:      Mon, 06 Sep 2004 23:18:41 +0100
From:      John Murphy <spam-trap@freeode.co.uk>
To:        "oscar wicks" <oskr690@hotmail.com>
Cc:        newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: init: not found in path...panic:no init

"oscar wicks" <oskr690@hotmail.com> wrote:

>booting from  floppy, and sysinstall run flawlessy, what   happens is that
>my laptop was a too poor memory one.  i  put all  DRAM supported (20Mb) and
>that all. thanks  for  give me  some clues.

You're welcome.  Glad to hear you persevered.

I think you said it's a 386 processor so I hope you aren't expecting too
much performance.  If you have installed the 'man' pages and documentation
you'll find a wealth of information already available.

The latest version of the handbook and FAQ are available online here:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/index.html

You can use Google to search the FreeBSD mailing lists here:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&group=mailing.freebsd

Also you can follow the freebsd questions mailing list at:
http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/current/freebsd-questions.html
Which is usually more up-to-date than Google.

I've CC'd this to newbies@freebsd.org (where you initially posted) but
remember to use questions@freebsd.org for technical help if you need it.

--
John.